Mapped Header

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Waiting for a Baby

This past Monday night I spent at the hospital, binding a quilt!  Actually, I was waiting for my new grand daughter to be born.  I was too anxious to just sit in the labor and delivery room so I took a baby quilt to bind.  The anesthesiologist came in and made the comment that I had about 1 hour to finish the quilt.  I calmly looked at him and said,  "This is not for her.  Her quilt was finished a long time ago."  (Actually, about 6 years ago.)  "This is for my niece's baby".  He looked at me like I was crazy for having quilts completed so far ahead.  It really made me feel good to have them ready for when I need them.  Baby "Liliana" was born at 8:33 p.m. and the quilt I was binding was completed.

Here is the quilt I was binding.  The fabric is "A Fun Day in the Jungle".



Liliana and her quilt.  ("Orphan Annie" pattern available at the shop.)


No comments:

Post a Comment